Eco-friendly wrapping on Good Morning Britain
In December 2019 I joined Andi Peters on Good Morning Britain.
I shared some eco-friendly ways to wrap gifts like those in the programme’s Christmas competition. Time was very short so sneeze and you’d have missed me!
My top tips included:
- Use fabric to wrap a present. Ideal for awkward shapes and in itself a gift for the recipient. Try something different like wool felt!
- Wrap using my pouch technique which doesn’t require sticky tape. Secure with ribbon and the paper can be used many times
- Swap cellophane for a reusable mesh fabric when wrapping with tissue paper
- When there isn’t enough paper to go around a box use an offcut to create a cheat pleat. Like a miracle – it extends the sheet of paper! Mix patterns and colours to great effect
- When wrapping a bottle just hide the label. The recipient will know it isn’t a pair of socks! Making a paper cummerbund is a great way to use up leftover giftwrap or corrugated cardboard. Tie it in place with twine or ribbon
- Another way to ensure there is no wasted paper is to make bow-ties which can also be used more than once
- If you’ve run out of bows, mini Christmas tree baubles do the trick. Tie them together in a cluster and secure to the gift with ribbon or cord
There wasn’t time to show all of these ideas but you can see photos in The Gallery.